Replacement of Documents and Records

Note: Many of the agencies listed maintain local or regional service offices.


Document or Record Type Who to Contact
Drivers License, Auto Registration PA Department of Transportation

Checkbook, Savings Book, etc. Your Bank. Visit any branch for assistance.
Insurance Policies Your Insurance Agent
Military Discharge Papers Department of Veterans Affairs
Passport US Immigration Support
Green Card US Citizenship and Immigration Services
Birth, Death Certificates PA Department of Health
Marriage Certificate PA Department of Health certificates/14126
Social Security Card Social Security Administration
Medicare Card Social Security Administration
Credit CardsThe Issuing Bank or Company (As soon as possible.)

Centre County Recorder of Deeds, 814-355-6801 (Or the Recorder of Deeds for the county in which the property is located.)
Stocks and Bonds
Your brokerage firm or the company issuing the stock or bond.
Wills Your Attorney.
Medical RecordsYour Healthcare provider.
Federal Income Tax Records  Internal Revenue Service

State Income Tax Records
Pennsylvania Department of Revenue

Local Income Tax RecordsVisit the tax office of the municipality in which you live.
Animal License
Centre County Treasurer

Mortgage PapersYour lending institution.

Product Warranties
The issuing company or place of purchase.